- I'm excited for warmer weather. Ready to put the hoodies away and bust out my flip-flops. Also, I'm ready for some swimming and wakeboarding this summer. Not to mention baseball and hopefully at least one trip to a beach somewhere. Maybe for my birthday since it's on a weekend this year! :D
- I, for some reason, randomly crave root beer from time to time. It has to be from a bottle and I only really like Maine Foot or IBC. Most grocery stores don't sell Maine Root so I only pick it up when I'm at Whole Foods or Central Market and in the mood for it. I was at Whole Foods last night and saw the root beer. I was more interested in getting some apple juice. I got some organic apple juice and some organic honeycrisp apple juice. If you've never had a honeycrisp apple, you're totally missing out, they're delicious. I have to buy organic apple juice because any kind (and trust me, I've tried tons of brands) made from a concentrate makes me have a weird reaction if I drink more than two ounces at a time.
- I hate cotton candy. I don't like the taste, it's too sweet and even the smell makes me gag a little.
- A nice, long shower is one of the best ways to kill a little bit of stress. It doesn't melt it all away but it does nicely at removing a layer or two. Or maybe it's all the singing I tend to do in the shower that de-stresses me. Or a combination of the shower and the rocking out. Whatever, it's awesome and I smell great afterward.
- The boyfriend and I went and saw Safe House on Sunday evening after my brother's hockey game, lunch with the family and several hours in IKEA. Safe House wasn't bad. The plot's pretty weak but there's a ton of action in it to make up for that. All the explosions and fighting scenes were pretty awesome and kept me entertained through the whole movie.
- I tried warm milk the other night for the first time. Guess what? It was not my favorite thing or anywhere close to it. I also didn't feel any more relaxed or ready to go to sleep. I'll be sticking to some warm tea when I get the urge for a warm beverage at night.
- I honestly don't care what most people think of me. I care more about how I feel about myself at the end of the day than what other people think of me. I wish more people felt that way. It drives me crazy watching people drive themselves crazy trying to please other people, fit in, worrying about how other people will see them, changing their views, being afraid to speak their mind, etc etc etc. If more people worried about being happy and confident in themselves instead, they would be a lot better off. In my opinion anyway.
- I love books more than I love most other things. I could (and do) spend hours happily reading some days. One problem I have? If I get really into a book, I speed through it and then get sad because I'm done with the book in a day or two. Some books are just so great you can't put them down!
- I made these a few days ago. It's the first time in a long time that I've made cupcake for myself and the boyfriend and not for someone else because I was being paid to do so. I ate one and now I'm pretty much done with them, lol. So now I'm making Shane take half of them to work with him tomorrow. Which is also kind of useful for me since a good handful of my customers are his co-workers, haha. :D