1. Why did you sign up for writing your blog?
I was bored, I like to write, I like to interact with people and so it seemed like a good idea.
2. Why did you choose your blog's name? What does it mean?
"Not Your Average Chick" is pretty fitting to me. I'm a little odd. :)
3. Do you ever had another blog?
The phrasing of this question kills me, lol. I've had other blogs for side project stuff but never another main one that's lasted long. I don't know how people manage to run multiple blogs and keep them updated regularly. Those people must have far better time management skills and better attention spans than what I have. :)
4. What do you do online when you're not on your blog?
Tumblr, fantasy hockey, sports news, twitter (though I rarely do that online, usually check from my phone) check out new music. Not much, honestly. I don't spend much time online, lol.
5. How about when you're not on the computer?
Read, write, cook, bake, play sports, watch movies, hang out with friends, hang out with family, ice skate, yoga, drink, see live bands, draw, photography, art, go to sporting events, etc.
6. What do you wish people who read your blog knew about you?
I can't think of anything. I'm pretty open and honest and what you see here is pretty much what you get in real life so I don't leave much to wonder about really.
7. What is your favorite community in the blogosphere?
I'm not really a part of any community. There are things about all the bubbles that I like and that drive me insane so I don't really have a favorite.
8. What is your philosophy on your blog layout?
I really don't have one. I feel like I might be a bit of a blogger slacker now, heh.
9. Tell me about your picture you use to represent you on your blog.
It's a picture of myself. I thought that would be the best way to represent me. Clever, right? ;)
10. Pick 3 random blogs from your blogroll and tell us about them.
I think you should pick three random blogs from my blogroll and go check them out because if they're there, I find them amusing or awesome in some way.
11. What features do you think your blog should have that it doesn't currently?
I'm fine with what I've got.
12. What do you consider the 10 most "telling" interests that we would infer from what you blog persona?
Hockey, baseball, baking, boobs, books, charity/volunteering, comic books, activism, music, cupcakes. I think? That would be an interesting question to ask someone who has read ones blog for a length of time.
13. Do you have any unique interests that you have never shared before? What are they?
Not particularly. Again, I'm really open about pretty much everything. Though if you're new here or haven't known me long, you might be unaware with my interest in serial killers and criminal psychology. That stuff fascinates the hell out of me. Also, I LOVE mythology. It's so interesting.
14. The best thing about blogging is all of the friends that you make, Beside from those folks, do you think your blog has fans?
I have a few. And I know they exist because they're not online friends I've made but people who pop up now and then with those awesome "I love your blog and check it for updates all the time" comments/emails. Those are always nice.
15. What's your current obsession? What about it captures your imagination?
Creating new ways to use pumpkin in recipes and figuring out foods that go with it. It's challenging and gets my mind going.
16. What are you glad you did but haven't really had a chance to post about?
Well if I tell you now, that just ruins my chance to use it as a future blog post. ;) Though any time I stand up for someone being wronged or stand up for myself and something I believe strongly about, I'm always glad I do that. Though I rarely blog about those instances.
17. How many people that first became a blog friend, have you met face to face?
Not many. I'm weird about meeting people off the internet. The whole safety issue and my general mistrust of people makes me overly cautious about that.
18. What don't you talk about here, either because it's too personal or because you don't have the energy?
I don't talk about family stuff a lot and I don't talk about my relationship with my boyfriend hardly at all. That stuff's personal and I don't like talking about my familial and relationship problems to very many people at all. Some things should stay private.
19. What's a question that you'd love to answer?
Thinking up my own question for a meme? Pffft. :p
20. Have you ever lost a blogging friendship and regretted it?
Nope. There's usually a good reason for friendships, online or in real life, ending. I like to learn from stuff and move on versus dwelling on things.
21. Have you ever lost a blogging friendship and thought, “Was that overdue!”
Nope, not at all.
There's a new update, including a picture, in the Toys for Tots Fundraiser post. Check that out. There's only 3 weeks left to donate and any amount will help. $5 or $10 really is enough to help out so please donate if you can. It all adds up! And if you don't know what that's about, please check out the Toys for Tots post. Thanks to everyone who has donated so far, you're wonderful. <3