Ginger Lemon Chicken and Rice:
INGREDIENTS (serves 4):
* 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
* 3 1/2 cups rice (brown or white works fine)
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon sesame oil (can use canola or vegetable oil)
* 3/4 Cup thinly sliced onion
* 2 Tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger, divided
* 1 cups zucchini sliced in 1/4 inch round slices
* 1 1/2 Cups broccoli florets
* 1 Cup carrots sliced in 1/4 inch round slices
* 1 Tablespoon minced fresh garlic
* 2 Tablespoon honey
* 3 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
* 3 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
* 2 Tablespoon water
* 2 teaspoon cornstarch
*Zest from 1/2 a lemon (optional)
*Cook 3 cups rice according to packaged direction and set aside.
* Combine remaining garlic, minced garlic, honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, water, cornstarch and lemon zest (optional) mixing all ingredients together until well combined. Set aside.
* Sprinkle the chicken with black pepper.
* Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
* Add chicken, onion, and 1 Tablespoon ginger, and stir-fry 4-6 minutes making sure chicken is cooked through.
* Add zucchini, carrots and broccoli florets and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
*Stir honey ginger lemon sauce mixture a few times, then add to the pan, stir fry for 4-5 minutes.
You can leave the rice and stir fry mix separate and serve the chicken and vegetables on top of the rice. Or just add the rice right after you add the sauce mixture to the pan, stir fry for 4-5 minutes.
Also, garlic powder and ground ginger can be used as substitutes for the minced ingredients but it won't taste as good, lol ;) You can use different vegetables, too. Or do no vegetables if that's how you roll. The picture above also has 1/2 a cup of squash thrown in there so I could use up the rest of some left over squash I had in the refrigerator. Worked out fine.